The FBI has its Quantico, the White House has its Washington, and the Bureau of Automotive Repair has its Rancho Cordova. That’s the official residence of the agency we deal with day-in and day-out as we help auto repair shops and SMOG check technicians stand up for their rights. Everyone is “just human,” however, and the employees of the BAR work in a very interesting and unique community here in California: Rancho Cordova. Here are some fun facts, you might just not have known about the community –
- Rancho Cordova is located in Sacramento County, about 15 miles from the State Capital of Sacramento. Makes sense, right, that an official agency would be near our state capital.
- Rancho Cordova is a new city – incorporated only in 2003, but its history stretches back to the Gold Rush and the 49ers.
- It’s home to the Mathew Kilgore Cemetery, which was set up in 1874 and mapped / recorded in 1888. The cemetery has more than three hundred twenty “residents.”
- With gambling now legal in certain communities in California, Rancho Cordova is home to the Cordova Casino at 2801 Prospect Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. You can play EZ Baccarat, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow Poker, Texas Hold ‘Em and Omah Hi-Low Poker at this establishment.
- The population of Rancho Cordova is 68, 453 as of July 1, 2015.
So there you have it – some “fun” facts about Rancho Cordova, California, home to the Bureau of Automotive Repair home office. Not that you’ll always be visiting… but if you receive a citation, letter, or other correspondence from the BAR, now you have a sense of the “where” behind the organization.